This car needed a lot of work and everything was restored to the best of my ability at the time. I learned a lot working on this foxbody mustang and am excited to work on my next one.
Its a mustang 🙂
Here is a list of the work done to the car:
- Automatic AOD to Manual T5 Conversion
- Full cooling system overhaul with brand new radiator, heater core, coolant hoses, and thermostat.
- McCleod Street Clutch
- New Convertible Top Motor
- New Rear Window Motors
- New Window Guide Bushings on all 4 windows
- Billet Aluminum Window Guide Rod Retainers
- New Door Lock Actuators
- New Door Handles.
- New weather stripping
- New Door padding and Plastic Weather Guard
- New Shifter
- New Kicker Speaker System
The AOD to T5 conversion was done using a 2002 V6 Manual T5 Transmission pulled from a junkyard SN99. The speedometer gear was lost in the process however resulted in a stronger gear set in the newer Tremec T5 with a 350 wtq rating over the 280 wtq older borg warner T5.
The Foxbody convertible is not a driver’s car. It is a weekend car with a bit of power from the late 80’s. It was a 10/10 Fun factor car with lots of compliments when the top was down. The maintenance and repairability is close to a 0/10. With many leaks and other issues preventing rain from entering the convertible top was a pain. Tarps were used under a car cover to prevent any water entering the chassis.
With a Recaro Bucket seat and aftermarket steering wheel the car felt more responsive and the chassis flex was bearable but I still bought a coupe instead.